Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

verses revealed

We have picked verses for our family!

I had this idea to pick a verse for everyone- but how overwhelming to pick a theme verse intentionally for kids that will be my own- and I've never even met them. So we did research into what their names mean. Then we had an idea to go through the bible and pick characters that represent that meaning. Then we picked verses that are specific to that character that will be encouraging to each of them in times of need. Mine is the only exception. There is no real verse for my character, so I picked a Psalm specific to my meaning. It's a cool story, but I will have to write about it later.


The kids are on medical hold- meaning they are in the last part of the process. There's no sense of any timeline and no details as to where they are at in that last part of the process. Still waiting...


Family: Joshua 24:15

“But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve…but as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."”

Matt- Gift of God-- Matthew

Matthew 9:9 “Passing along, Jesus saw a man at his work collecting taxes. His name was Matthew. Jesus said, "Come along with me." Matthew stood up and followed him.”

Melissa- Honeybee- Pharoah’s sister (Moses’ mom)

Psalm 68:6 “God places the lonely in families;
he sets the prisoners free and gives them joy.”

Belise- Beacon-Esther

Esther 4:14b “Who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?”

Fiston –Sonny - Timothy

1 Timothy 6:11-12a “But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. Fight the good fight of the faith.”

Ornela – Blooming Ash Tree- Ruth

Ruth 1:16b “Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay.”

Chance –Favored- Hannah

1 Samuel 2:1 “My heart rejoices in the Lord! The Lord has made me strong. Now I have an answer for my enemies; I rejoice because you rescued me.

Lydie –Noble- Lydia

Acts 16:15b “If you have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house and abide there.” And she urged us until we agreed.

Kerene – Glorious Dignity- Mary mother of Jesus

Luke 1:46-47, 49 “My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior…for the Mighty One has done great things for me—holy is his name.”

No comments: